Everything! But, seriously, you should check:
- Your name’s correct, including any maiden names or other names you’re known by
- Your address details are correct, and that if you’re on the electoral roll, your credit report also shows this
- That your payment record’s correct (though there can be delays in reporting, so your current balance is unlikely to be your actual current balance; it’ll be what it was the last time that lender reported to Experian)
- That any financial links on your credit report are current; you can remove old links if an account’s paid off and closed
- That any public information (CCJs, decrees, IVAs and bankruptcies) are correctly recorded
If you do find anything that you think is wrong on your report, you can use the ‘Need more help’ support when you view your Experian Credit Report in Credit Club, and Experian will be able to help you dispute the information.
Why has my credit score gone down?
What if something's wrong on my Experian Credit Report?
How can I improve my credit score?
I have debt problems. Will this help me?
I'm having problems reconfirming my details when logging in
My scores on the dashboard don't load - it's telling me to try again later. Help?